Ph.D., University of Utah, 2000
412 VAN (Van Office)
(319) 335-1946 (Van Office Phone)
Experimental polymer physics.
- Light absorption, reflection and emission, continuous wave photo-induced (nonlinear) absorption
- Organic dyes in unusual optical cavities, such as photonic crystals (crystal lattice constant is equal to light wavelength) and Bragg-reflectors, "random lasing"
- Facilities include a spectroscopy facility using a cw laser; fabrication of organic light-emitting diodes, resonators and opals
- Students participate in worldwide collaborations with semiconducting organics, chemistry and electrical engineering departments
- Placement opportunities gained from learning include semiconductor or fiber optics industry, government labs, and academia